[Herald Interview] As a wanderer, Yoshitomo Nara does not confine himself to art
时间:2023-12-01 01:18:14 出处:게임阅读（143）
Japanese artist Yoshitomo Nara has returned to Seoul, bringing with him ceramic works that are a departure from his iconic paintings of children most people here are familiar with.
The artist broke the long-held perception in Seoul about his works at the exhibition “Yoshitomo Nara: Ceramic Works” at Pace Gallery in Hannam-dong, central Seoul. One might be baffled upon encountering these monochromatic ceramic works rather than his paintings of wide-eyed children, which were last displayed in the city 18 years ago in a solo exhibition.
“I think those works demonstrate the current status of my age,” the artist said about the ceramic works during an interview with The Korea Herald on Sept. 1 at the gallery.
“Nowadays I am enjoying making ceramic works more than paintings. When it comes to ceramic works, I feel like the work is being created as soon as I touch the clay. But for paintings, it seems it takes more time to find out the outcome,” he said.
- S.Korea's largest
- Conflict between Fifty Fifty and agency Attrakt continues to escalate
- Yoon says improved relations between S. Korea, Japan are people's will
- Kia to expand EV lineup with mass market appeal
- One Store attracts W20b from Krafton
- [Photo News] 2023 Sea Art Festival returns to Busan's Ilgwang Beach
- “北, 무단철거 금강산 골프장서 옥수수 건조”
- Choo calls for end to protectionism, supply chain recovery during G20 meeting
- [Top Envoy] Russian satellite help not likely priority for North Korea: Chun