Wage talks between Kia, labor union fail again
时间:2023-12-01 00:58:27 出处:뉴스阅读（143）
The labor union of Kia Corp., South Korea's second-largest automaker, said Sunday it has failed to settle wage talks with the company again, raising the possibility of it staging a partial strike starting later this week.
Unless the two sides resume negotiations and reach an agreement by Tuesday, the union is expected to go on an eight-hour strike from Tuesday to Thursday and a 12-hour walkout on Oct. 20 as planned.
The move by Kia's union came as unionized workers of Hyundai Motor Co. voted last month to accept this year's wage deal, averting a strike for the fifth consecutive year. (Yonhap)
- Welcome Daehakro Festival lights up Seoul's stage hub
- Chuseok’s celestial journey: Best spots for full moon gazing in Seoul
- JTBC drama ‘Reborn Rich’ goes to Emmys
- NewJeans hits 1 bln streams mark on Spotify with debut album
- [view] 민심 더 싸늘해지는데…감동 없는 김기현 2기
- The many regional flavors of songpyeon, a Korean holiday dessert
- NK leader sends congratulatory message to Xi on Chinese founding anniversary
- Inflation driving up costs to eat out
- Supporters of Israel hold rally in Seoul, urge Hamas to stop atrocities